Friday, October 17, 2008

Each town has provided the Community Continuing Education. Deaf instructors and participants should be hired because it is fun and affordable.



I've always wanted to take some fun classes of the Community Continuing Education in my home area because it is affordable. The problem is the town who will not be getting interpreter(s) because of the heavy expense. I am aware of the ADA. It is depends on each town's budget. I know there is a Deaf person in my area who has taught ASL to the hearing participants for almost 10 years. How about the Deaf instructors who can teach various fun courses to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing participants only? I can make the announcement thru the Deaf network. The class is fun and affordable! I will check it out with the town hall or high school in my area. Diane

1 comment:

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Sounds like an excellent idea to me!
Sarah