Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Sad Outcome of DVTV (Artwork Enclosed)






















My local friend encouraged me to join the DeafRead.com.  The DeafRead website completely floored me, I hadn't expected to see many wonderful Deaf/HH b/vloggers. I truly love it. Ever since, I have enjoyed reading the various topics. Many various and challenging topics inspire me.  It keeps me occupied and even make new few friends.  A few months later, I had learned that DVTV coming up. I had decided to join the DVTV too!  I have met many various people from all over the place.  Wow!  It is a worthwhile and educating experience. This year, I am extremely concerned and sad because the DVTV has been deteriorated.  My friend who is the one suggested me to join the DeafRead.  He is extremely disappointed in me how much I have changed.  I am just a regular viewer like many others. I only want to express my own perspective. My concern is that some people may think I make a new friend with the specific person just because I like her/his opinion. It's not what you think.  For example: I personally dislike the person however I only enjoy his/her interesting topics.  I have always have been very careful in surrounding by many various Deaf/HH from all over the world. It hasn't been easy. Today I have made a very few friends through the DeafRead and DVTV.  

I truly feel sorry for Tayler who sacrifices his own personal time to contribute this to the Deaf Community.  I am not sure Tayler gets paid for doing this. Please be kind to him.  If you aren't satisfied with Tayler's decision.  You are obliged to leave his website by your choice. As I made a vlog earlier "Make a Choice" at the DVTV. I want to emphasize that I do not encourage you to leave the DVTV.  Let's hope for the peace and unity.
Well I am leaving for good anyway. 
Best Regards, Diane


11 comments:

mishkazena said...

This is a powerful artwork

I hear you, Diane

David said...

Hi Diane

I love your artwork! Yes it is very sad about the DTVT situation. I hope they have learnt and changed for better. I still believe in Deaf! You know new technology is challenge not only for Deaf but also hearing people.

Unfortunately, a few people have caused or created unfortunate problems that we all do not deserve.

It is apart of our process...

Great to see your blog/vlog and keep up with your arts!

Deafchip

mervynjames224 said...

Liked the artwork not the cop out :)

Karen Mayes said...

Yup... DVTV is a dynamic place to be in. But also a risky place, which is the reason why I steer clear of it. Lately the last two weeks... oh boy.

DeafRead looks tame compared to DVTV.

Oh well. But then hearing sites are not much any different from DVTV, as I noticed.

Good artwork, I like it.

Researcher said...

Time to move to a greener pasture under an entirely new team.

Researcher said...

P.S.

I mean for BOTH DeafRead and DVTV
to move to another pasture under a new team.

Squ65 said...

Thank you to all. Hope you have a good weekend. Diane

Squ65 said...

I have considered in resigning from the DeafRead and DVTV. I am hurting now. I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Art... WoW! A powerful message. Here is my e-hug to you. I hope you feel better..

Jean-- I agreed with you that Deafread need to get a new team. Too much bias.

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

You're a great artist, Diane! Yes, sometimes it gets bad in DVTV, and sometimes it gets good in there as well. Some vloggers who are not well-know make so many good topics.
I'm feeling bad , I know that Tayler worked so hard for that, and we can help to make it better.
I love your arts and keep up.
Stay in touch in facebook :)

* said...

Great artwork...
I'm on deafread, I never ventured into DTVT, too much drama for my liking.

Have a good one.