Saturday, September 1, 2007

Re - For B.A.D and Deafreaders: Sidekick pager + Dog brought to the vet where I work = Embarrassment



For DeafRead - please post :-)

What a scary experience for all of us. A two months ago, thru my pager, I was told her dog's intestine comes out of his belly. I immediately advised her to wrap around his belly with the clean blanket and bring him to ER immediately. I was sick worried about the dog. I assumed that dog falls down or even hit by a car and rips his belly. When I arrived at my work, I explained to the new intern about this. We waited waited til they arrived, I immediately took the dog to ER -- I learned it is NOT intestine but his penis that gotten stuck outside. Oh geeeee! I am wondering what the intern and everyone think of us. I will write the story and share this with the intern and everyone at my work. She is a nice woman and knows few signs. I am glad the dog is doing fine. Using Sidekick is awesome but can cause communication breakdowns. What an experience!

2 comments:

B.A.D. said...

Hey Diane!

Wow - surprised you not in DeafRead. Did they explain why???

Hope you had a GREAT Labor day weekend!?!?!? :-)

BAD

Squ65 said...

Yeah I am wondering why they won't post this because of the Sidekick pager -- that used by many Deaf people like us! Arfly yours ... Diane